Commissioner Don Brown (R)
Lenox and Bruce Townships
Villages of Romeo and Armada
Cities of Memphis and Richmond
Board Chair Don Brown represents District 7, serving Shelby, Washington, Bruce, Ray, Armada and Richmond townships, the villages of Romeo and Armada and the cities of Memphis and Richmond.
Before being elected Chair by his peers in 2021, Brown served as Chairman of the Government Oversite Committee and has served as Chairman of the Finance Committee. Over the course of his years on the Board, he has also served as Chairman of the Budget and Planning and Economic Development Committee.
He holds a Certificate in Executives in State and Local Government from Harvard University and earned a bachelor's degree in Political Science from Oakland University. Brown is a Rochester Adams High School graduate.
He recently managed former Commander of Selfridge Air National Base, Ret. Brigadier General Doug Slocum’s campaign for Congress. He previously worked with Congressman Paul Mitchell as his Director of Community Outreach Director and Deputy District Director for Congresswoman Candice Miller, has served as Southeast Michigan Liaison for the Michigan Department of State, and as Associate Director of Governor John Engler's southeast Michigan office. He is also on the Board of the State of Michigan Agriculture Preservation Fund.
Brown is involved in the community in numerous ways, serving as a member of the Romeo-Washington Chamber of Commerce, Washington Lions Club, Macomb County Farm Bureau, North Macomb Sportsmen Club, National Rifle Association, Right to Life of Michigan, St. Clement of Rome Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus.
Some of Brown's accomplishments and honors include:
- Receiving the Taubman Fellowship for State and Local Government;
- Receiving the Outstanding Joint Public Services Award for Macomb Multi-Jurisdictional Agribussiness by SEMCOG / Metropolitan Affairs Coalition for his work on Farmland Preservation.
- Recognized as the Conservation Leader of the Year by the Macomb County Farm Bureau;
- Serving as a Life Member of the Washington Lions Club.
- Active in multiple Chambers of Commerce and service organization in the county.
- North Macomb Sportsman’s Club’s representative to Michigan United Conservation Clubs.
- He has the honor of being the longest continually serving elected official in Macomb County.
Brown is married to his wife Lisa and has triplet sons, one daughter and a cat named Tiger. Brown has lived in Washington Township for more than 30 years.
Macomb County Board of Commissioners
Macomb County Administration Building
Phone: (586) 469-5125
Commissioner Don Brown